Thursday, October 1, 2015

Rain, rain, go away!

Hi everyone!

So I am no longer in Woodbridge! I am in the countryside that is Chester, Virginia! It is way different here. In Woodbridge there was always traffic, there were always people out and about, and stuff was just happening. Here there is no one. Haha it's more country. There are lots of just little roads and railroad tracks and the houses are farther apart. There is no library in the area so I can't send home pics from my camera :( I have to email on my iPad, but I'll try to figure out somewhere else that has computers. Our ward boundaries are HUGE! I'm in the Swift Creek ward and my area is two counties. Chester and Colonial Heights. The area I'm in is how I pictured Virginia though. More country and way more peaceful and calm. I like it! 

But this week was full of excitements! On Monday we had sisters Pday and we went to this little waterfront restaurant. Not sure what river we were by, but it was pretty there. It was a little town and we went olive oil tasting and got fudge. It was a good day. Then Tuesday was transfer meeting and I packed up and headed down south. My companion's name is Sister Styler and she is from Delta, Utah. We came out together actually so it's too newbies running the place. Haha we don't know what we are supposed to be doing sometimes. It's funny, but we are figuring it out together. I'm just happy to finally be done with training! I hated 12 week! (That's the training program here.) It's just weird here because we are the only English sisters in this whole area. In my zone there is a set of Hermanas and then our Sister Training Leaders are also Hermanas. It's just crazy because in Woodbridge there were 14 sisters and here there are 7 ( one set is a trio). Much smaller group, but I'm loving the country. 

When I got to this area we had a baptism right away. That was pretty cool! The guy that got baptized is so awesome and I'm so happy that I get to work with him as a new member. This week I have really just been trying to get to know the area. It's so much more confusing, but I'm doing my best. I feel like I am starting over. I just figured out Woodbridge and now I'm lost again. Haha I don't know the people or where I am, but I'm a fast learner. I'll get it. This week has also been crazy rainy and cloudy. I haven't seen the sun in a week and I miss it. It has just been raining constantly. But that's ok maybe the sun will come out this week! Here's to hoping!

This week we are starting a Book of Mormon read-a-thon. We have to finish the whole Book of Mormon before conference on Saturday. So I hope the sun comes out so we can read outside. I'm excited to do this though and I invite everyone to read from the Book of Mormon this week. It should be good!

Well I'm doing great in my new area and I love and miss you all!! Please send me letters to my new address! It's:  3855 Creek Way Chester, VA 23831

Love, 
Sister Lawson
 
P.S. Thanks to Amanda Outlaw, the Scott family, and the Evans family for the birthday cards! 

Transfer day!

Waterfront restaurant.

Baptism for Brother Jackson.

We've been out for 100 days now!

Selfie on our first day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment