Tuesday, September 22, 2015

20-teen...wait... no teen anymore!!

Hi everyone!!

What a Crazy week! So much happened! I have lots of pictures so be sure to check out my blog where my mom will post all of them!

So as most of you know Thursday was my birthday!!! I'm 20!!! So crazy. No longer a teenager. I really can't believe it. My birthday was also my three month mark! So it was a full on celebration day. Time is just going so fast. It needs to slow down. I'm not ready to be an adult. Haha but anyway my birthday was a pretty normal day. Birthdays on the mission aren't too exciting. In the morning I got to open all my presents and cards. Thank you to everyone who sent me something! It was so fun getting all those cards and just hearing from home. I miss you all! Then we spent the whole day tracting. Haha it was a long day. But we gave out three Book of Mormons and had lots of lessons on doorsteps so I say my birthday was a pretty successful day. We went to dinner that night at my ward mission leader's house and they had bought me a cake. It was so nice. The day before my birthday I had another birthday dinner. Every week we eat with a sister in the ward, Sister Gauch, and she is the sweetest lady ever! She made me an eclair cake. Yeah it was like a giant eclair.  The frosting was whipped cream. Most delicious thing I have ever eaten. Then on Saturday I got to go out to dinner with Aunt Sarah and Uncle John! They live here in Virginia and President Wilson gave them permission to take me out for my birthday! We got to go to the Cheesecake Factory. It was so fun to see family. I'm so happy that I got to do that. I'm so blessed to be in the states and close to loved ones. So I got three birthday cakes this year which was awesome. :) So there you have it. That was my birthday celebration!

This week was also fun because we had sisters meeting! So sisters meeting is where all the sisters in the mission (there are just over 100 of us) come together and we have little classes and we do a clothing exchange and it's a lot of fun. All the classes this time were on different Christ-like attributes. That seems to be a theme as I've been on my mission. I think the Lord is trying to tell me something. Haha but I really am doing my best to develop these attributes. I really want to be more Christ-like. It's something that I can work on my whole mission and I know I can develop these attributes. At sisters meeting I also got to see Sister Kellogg again! She taught one of the classes. It's always fun to see her. She will always be my mission mom :)

Well now time for the other big news of the week....I'm getting transferred!! I don't know where I'm going yet, but today is my last day in Woodbridge. Tomorrow I go to transfer meeting and will find out where in Virginia I am headed to and who my new companion is. It's been sad saying goodbye to everyone I've met here, and packing has been the biggest struggle of my life, but I'm excited! I can't wait to see another part of Virginia. I'm excited for a change.

I love you all! I miss you and hope you all have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Lawson 

P.s. Thanks to Mom and Dad, Tyler, Grandma and Grandpa, Papooh, Aunt Dee and the Rubster, Aunt Sarah and Uncle John, the Jessen family, the Lawson girls, the Plumb family, the Hamilton family, the Bright family, Mealii, and Mrs. Houghland for the cards and gifts!! And thanks to everyone else who sent me a birthday email! Loved hearing from all of you! I love you all!!


Sisters meeting.

Clothing exchange. (Abby's 3rd in on the right.)  
She ended up getting 2 skirts, 2 shirts, and a scarf.  Such a great idea!

Sisters training meeting.  Abby is on the left, 3 tables back, kind of under the basketball hoop.

Sister Kellogg, Sister Nagosha, Sister Lawson

Birthday cake #1 - Eclair cake!!

Abby and sister Gauch (Eclair cake maker).

Birthday dinner at Ward Mission Leader's house:  Brother and Sister Bringhurst.
Birthday cake #2

Decorated bathroom.

Happy Birthday AND 3 month mark!  (She left June 17th, birthday is September 17th.)

So many cards and gifts!

Aunt Sarah and Uncle John!
Birthday dinner #2 - Cheesecake Factory!

Birthday cake #3 - Chocolate Peanut butter cup cheesecake!

Time to say goodbye to Woodbridge.

Goodbye to Brother and Sister Bringhurst.


No comments:

Post a Comment