Thursday, September 10, 2015

I know when I am baptized.

Hi everyone!

To start off, I want to give a shout out to my mamma! Happy birthday! I love you! 

Anyway, this week was great. Last Monday we went to the National Museum of the Marine Corps. It was really cool. They had all these rooms that depicted different wars so you can learn about each war and what the marines did in that war. Very cool. I'll send pics and if you're ever in Virginia you should go. It's really cool and makes you proud to be an American! I loved it! 

This week we also had our "last supper" with Tee. We got to go to her new house and have dinner and say goodbye. It was sad. She gave us all this Bob Marley stuff when we left. Haha I got a bracelet. I'll miss her. She is quite a story to tell. Such a crazy person.

Anyway, the big news of the week is Evelyn got baptized!!! It was so great. She was so excited and Sister Kellogg got to come from Charlottesville to see! It was so fun seeing Sister Kellogg again. I really miss her. But the baptism was wonderful. Evelyn was so happy and it was so cool to witness. She was the first person I taught when I came here and at that time she wouldn't even pray for us. And now she is a member. So fun to watch people grow and change and so cool to finally have someone be baptized! Im just so happy! I feel like I did my job in Woodbridge and that I am ready for the next place. We will just have to wait and see if I get transferred in two weeks.

So as I mentioned last week, Evelyn was our only investigator and now that she is baptized we have no one. Haha so we spent really the whole week tracting. I feel like I say that every week. We need to find people to teach! I want to have more baptisms because those are fun! 

Well I love you all! Hopefully this week I will find people! 
Love,
Sister Lawson

P.s thanks to dad for the postcard and thanks to the Tenney girls for the drawings!!


Marine Corp's museum






Last dinner with Tee.

A cupcake in Mom's honor.

Evelyn's Baptism!



No comments:

Post a Comment