Saturday, October 10, 2015

The book is blue, the church is true.

Hi everyone!

I have survived hurricane Joaquin! Haha it didn't even hit us. All week everyone has been freaking out over this hurricane. We obviously can't watch the news so we just had to rely on others to tell us what was happening. Everyone was saying it was going to be so bad and that our power would go out and all this stuff, but all it did was be cold and rain a lot. Haha so either the news was way off, or people were exaggerating and I'm assuming both was happening. But hey. I survived. We have had so much rain though. Literally I think I've seen more rain fall this week than I've seen in my whole life. Our parking lot was like flooding. I see why everyone was so scared of the hurricane because with all this rain the ground is so mushy and you add some winds and there will be trees falling everywhere and that's scary. But it's all good and I'm safe :)

Anyway this week we read the Whole Book of Mormon! All 531 pages with its two columns on each page and tiny print. It was actually the perfect week for it. We had to stay inside and read and I was fine with that because I had no desire to go out in the rain. But that's really all I did this week. It was so cool to read the Book of Mormon straight through though because it made so much more sense and it was just great to stay really focused and follow the story. I just love this book so much and I know it is so true. It really is another testament of Jesus Christ. We read the Book of Mormon to prepare for General conference and that was really good too. It's so great that we can listen to the leaders of our church twice a year and that they can give us such great revelation from God.

Well that was my week. Not a whole ton to report on. It was a good week though. Oh! I have a new pet!  It's this little black cat that lives outside. When we go workout in the morning (usually just running in the parking lot) he runs with us.  He is my buddy.  I haven't seen him since the rain though and I'm a little worried. Poor little guy.  I'll attach a pic of me with him.  Haha But anyway that's what's been happening with me! Now it's time to get back to regular missionary work! Here we go! Love you all and miss you!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.s Thanks to grandma and grandpa, Dylan, Zhenya, and the Tenney girls for the letters!

Olive oil tasting last week for Sister's p-day.


I'm scared he has flees so I don't touch him. His name is Eric
because we were teaching this guy named Eric and then the cat walked
out and the guy started freaking out because he is scared of black
cats. Haha

Lunch with the sisters in my zone - much smaller group here!

No comments:

Post a Comment