Thursday, September 15, 2016

Come Una Manzana

Hey Everyone!

Another week down! Can't believe it! I swear the weeks are just getting shorter! Just like the days are. It's getting so dark at night again so that's a bummer. Although I am grateful for the cooler weather. This summer has been HOT! But I'm sure I will be missing the warmth here soon when it's freezing. Still have time before that though :)

This week was a good one! We had zone meeting and Sister Labrum and I trained on how to get people to church. Oh man the struggle with that. Getting people to church is SO hard!! We made it a group discussion so we could all get different ideas. I think this is the hardest thing to do though. People just don't want to come to church. It's too long, or too early, or there are a thousand reasons not to go so it's hard to get them to come. But we all got some new ideas and are going to try and implement them. In other news though Sister Labrum and I won the Spring Lake squirrel for finding the coolest door knocker! Haha I will attach a pic. So now we have two trophies for the zone :) we haven't started the new competition yet so will let you know when we win that one ;)

We went on exchanges this week with Hermanas! Oh I just love Hermanas! Sometimes I wish that I could be Spanish speaking. I'm just so impressed with them and with their skill and how fast they learn the language! It's just crazy! They are like fluent after a couple of months. I was with Hermana Wright and she hasn't even been out for three months yet and she speaks the language great! Sister Labrum and I are now determined to learn Spanish. We got an app called "Duolingo" and do it every free chance we have (which is not very often). Haha. On exchanges I challenged Sister Labrum to somehow use the phrase "come una manzana" in a lesson and she actually did it!  Duolingo is just obsessed with apples and horses so I have those two words down! haha Kills me.  Now every time we meet a Spanish speaker we have to try and use a Spanish phrase we've learned (which are always really random and the people just laugh at us) but we now know how our English class students feel! It's really hard to learn a language!

Well today we went to D.C. We went to the American History museum and the Natural History museum. The American History Museum is weird. It's just full of random stuff! Like completely random, but the church made it in! We have a little shout out plaque that mentions Joseph Smith and says the early members of the church traveled west. #MadeTheMuseum. But the Natural History Museum was really cool. Lots of 'stuffed' animals. We just explored for a bit. It was a fun day and it was my birthday trip :) can't believe I turn 21 this week! I swear it was just my birthday and I was turning 20. Well, talk to you when I'm 21! Have a great week!

Love you!
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks Sammy the dog for the card this week! Haha miss you puppy! Also thanks to those who have already sent me birthday cards! I haven't opened them yet, but will Saturday :)

Natural History Museum

This is a platypus egg.  For Perry the platypus obviously!

Bear!

It's like "Night at the Museum"


Shout out to the Mormons!

We are bike missionaries now :)

The Dillard family! That's Katrina on the end and then her sister Shannon who was baptized when she was younger. These kids are CRAZY! Wild children, but I love them! :)

Spring Lake Squirrel and door knocker we won for!

Our trophies #killinit

Exchanges with the Hermanas.

RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment