Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Double This, Double That, Double Double This That

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I'm so late today! I don't have lots of time because today was crazy and this week was crazy! So fun though! So to start off we had two zone conferences this week. They do it differently here.  We train together and since we are over sisters in multiple zones we have to present in multiple conferences. Sister Labrum and I trained on the Holy Ghost and how to receive personal revelation. They went well. The second one was better, but they both were good.

Then this week we also went on two exchanges! So we do this thing called 'model area' so the sisters both come to our area and we split off and all work here. It takes a lot of planning, but it's cool because then we know the area and know who people are and how to best help. What's really fun about it is at night we all come together and have a big slumber party. Haha Sister Labrum and I sleep on the floor and the other sisters use our beds. It's such a party night. So fun! I got to meet some more of the sisters and that was fun. I know more people now :) the sisters we went with are in Herndon and Alexandria. They are both in training so it was fun. I got to take Sister Young tracting for the first time. She was so excited about it. And then with Sister Stammerjohn we went tracting with a member and found SO many cool people! It was an awesome night.

So I know most of you have heard of Pokemon Go. Well, I really don't know much about it, but I see people on their phones playing it. The other day we were looking at a map on our iPads and a car pulled over and asked if we were playing. We started laughing and said no. We then made up our own game called Investigators Go! Haha we have an app that plots all the people we work with on a map and we pull it out and try to find where they are. It kills me.

Then today was crazy fun! We met some sisters at the mall this morning and made Build-a-Bears! Hahaha so fun. We made little missionary bears. I put my name tag on it and she says "Hi, I'm Sister Lawson and I'm a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." I also have one of those mini Book of Mormons. So cute. Hahaha I know I'm five, but it was really fun. Then we went to Great Falls National Park with some other sisters and hiked around to the waterfalls. We also all became Junior Park Rangers. Haha Such a fun time!

Well I know there was a lot more, but I'm almost out of time for P-day today.  It's been a great week! This next one should be fun too!

Love you all!
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks Dad and Auntie Taryn for the letters!

Sister Bears


Trying to convince mom why I needed another Build-a-Bear!  haha

Build a Bear party!

Hiking Great Falls National Park



Taking the Jr. Ranger oath.

Slumber party!

It's a baby stop sign. I take that to mean stop if you want, but it's
more of a suggestion. Haha

We just found a sign for the meaning of life.

Sister Stammerjohn

We got soaked!

Sister Young 
(I told Abby I couldn't believe she found someone smaller than she is!)


No comments:

Post a Comment