Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Busy as a Bee

Hey Everyone!

This week was great! We were so busy!  We hit and exceeded all our weekly goals :)  that's always the best! Just means we have to set higher goals this next week ;)  Each week we have a day to plan and we set goals on how many lessons we want to have and how many new people we want to find.  We brought members out with us each day I knew that if we put in the effort and tracted and brought a member out with us tracting that the Lord would bless us and we would see miracles and find people and we did!  We found so many cool people! I'm excited for all our next meetings with them. This next week is going to be great! 

We did a lot of service this week.  We helped this one lady we found clean her back porch.  She was so grateful for the help.  I love when we get to serve.  Any reason to wear pants :)  We also helped a family in the ward move.  We packed up their kitchen.  Man, I will never move, it's SO much work! I can't believe it!  I have a hard enough time packing my three suitcases each time I get transferred and all I have to pack are my clothes.  Packing Everything is the Worst! But they were such a cute family and I'm really sad that they are leaving before I had a chance to get to know them.

We also had English class this week!  That has become my new favorite activity.  I LOVE teaching English class.  It's so fun! We hold it on Tuesday nights and Friday mornings.  It's the best.  We just go over simple words and help them use them in sentences.  We really aren't very good at teaching, but for a free class taught by young adults what more can you do? haha they are progressing in their speech though.  We had a lot more people in class this week.  We are trying to build it up and get more people there.  

It was a really fun week.  We just enjoyed the heat and humidity!  It is very hot here!  I think it might be worst than last summer, but I can't remember. We are just trying to find a lot before August because EVERYONE here leaves for August.  I really don't understand why, but everyone takes that month off.  I guess because it's the last month before school starts?  Idk but we are just working hard and seeing the miracles that come from that!  I love it here in Oakton and this next week is going to be so busy and fun! I'm excited! We have two exchanges and have to present trainings in two zone conferences, so it should be a fun week!  We also might have a baptism this week!  One of our investigators Maddie has been progressing towards baptism for forever.  She is waiting for an answer even though she believes everything we have taught.  Some people just want a pillar of light.  But she is on date to be baptized this Saturday so hopefully all will go well and she will receive her answer by then!  I have full faith that she will!  She is so ready and so prepared.  So pretty crazy week this week!

Love you all!
Sister Lawson

P.S.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the letter and the Jessen kids for the pictures and cards!  Love you!

I don't know if you can see in this pic, but we randomly picked a street to knock and it was like this back woods farm road.  All the houses were SOOOOO far apart!  And there were just barns everywhere.  To bad we can't ride horses on the mish!

All the Virginia trees!

We call this place mini India. Everyone who lives here is from India
and there are just rows of these huge apartment buildings.

We aren't allowed to eat in the car.... So we go around the rules. Haha I'm not eating in the car...

This was someone's doorbell.  You have to push Darth Vader.  haha


No comments:

Post a Comment