Friday, July 15, 2016

Heaven on Earth

Hey everyone!

What a crazy week! So much happened! I don't even know where to start! I'll just go through the week. So last Monday was the Fourth of July! We went to President Huntsmans for a BBQ. It was POURING rain the whole day. Haha but here in Virginia you have cold rain and hot rain, and on monday it was hot rain. So we all went outside and played volleyball anyways. We got SOAKED!! And So muddy! It was fun. Just a good time being with the zone. Because of the rain though all the fireworks were cancelled :( that was a bummer. But we go home before any fireworks are shot off anyway so it doesn't matter too much. Haha

Then on Wednesday we went on exchanges! I was with Sister Forbes. She is so cool. She is over a foot taller than me and so people were commenting on that all day. Haha we must have looked funny walking down the street. We taught some amazing lessons that day though. The work is moving forward here!

Then the highlight of the week was Friday! We got to go to the DC temple!!!!!!! Ahhhhh it was SO cool! It's HUGE!!!! As a zone we all went and when I saw it, it didn't look real. It was gorgeous and ginormous! I couldn't believe it! It was like a huge castle :) so pretty. We hurried in and made it just in time for the 11:00 session. It was packed! We barely all fit. There was Just enough seats open. Oh man it was so pretty and the spirit was so strong. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!! I finally just felt right and good about everything and all the changes once in the temple. It's where I need to be and I'm just at peace with everything. It's so great! The temple does wonders :)

Then at church on Sunday we had an investigator show up! Haha yay! His name is Anthony and he is awesome. We have been teaching him everyday and it's amazing. He is so prepared and just wants to learn it all! On Sunday Sister Bray and I also had to give talks. I talked on the gift of the Holy Ghost. My streak continues. I have given a talk in every ward I've been in. Haha

Then yesterday (why I'm writing on Tuesday and not Monday) all the leadership had an MLC up in DC! It was cool because I got to meet all the other STLs. They are all really sweet sisters.  There are only 5 other sets of STLs though. Richmond had a set for each zone so that was a bit different, but it's all good.  We went to DC though to meet Senator Hatch. He is the senior senator which means he is third in line to the president. So I basically met the president yesterday. Haha he is a senator from Utah and is just the sweetest old man. He just kept telling us his mission stories and how without his mission he wouldn't be where he is today. That his mission is what taught him to be a leader and influenced his whole life. It was a really fun experience and was fun to just see DC. We just drove through it, but I want to go and see more in DC! So much to do there!

So there you have it. My crazy awesome week :) lots to be excited about. :) tonight we find out about transfers and then Thursday we get transferred. I have no idea what will happen. I just know that Sister Bray and I will be split up. :( I wonder who will stay though. Jess wasn't baptized this weekend because her family couldn't come. :(  But hopefully in the near future she will be! I just hope I can come and see it :)

Well I love you all! Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Sister Lawson

On exchanges with the other sisters who were on bikes for the day...
Sister Bray stayed in that area. I went to ours with the car :) Haha my bike riding was BAD!

We went to Crackle Barrel with a YSA who is preparing to go on a mission 
so he comes out with us a lot and helps us teach.

SO WET!

Sister Forbes! We went on Quantico base and found this cool lake.

Temple visit.


Last time the Woodbridge zone from the 
Virginia Richmond Mission will be together.

A visit with Senator Hatch (not pictured) with the DC South Leadership Council.

Some of the STLs


No comments:

Post a Comment