Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Taking on the City

Hey Everyone!

Another great week! Sorry I'm late emailing again and I have no time to write! We went to DC today! Every transfer we get to take the metro into DC! It's way cool! We walked around and saw the White House, the Washington Monument, the World War II memorial, the Vietnam memorial, and the Lincoln memorial! Haha it was way fun! We ended up meeting up with the Woodbridge sisters at the Lincoln memorial.  All my companions here in DC were with me :)  We walked around with them and got lunch. It was a fun day :) It's fun to just be in the city. Next time I go to DC maybe I'll go to a Smithsonian or the zoo. There's just so much to do in DC! It's so hard to choose! Haha

But this week was GREAT! What a miracle! We went to go visit a less active member, Shannon, and her sister was there. Her sister, Katrina, was living with her a few months ago and was taking the missionary lessons. Katrina was planning on getting baptized, but then she moved to DC. Well she is back! We went over and she said she was so close to being baptized before and I said, "Well you still can be baptized!"  She got really excited and asked when the next baptism date was. We said it's August 13th and so we have been meeting with her daily to prepare her! She is getting baptized this Saturday! Her interview is on Wednesday and she is just SO prepared! She accepts and understands everything we teach and it's so amazing! Such a miracle! Oakton hasn't had a baptism for almost a year, but that will change on Saturday! So excited!

So that was the big news this week. In other news we went on exchanges with the McClean sisters this week. I was with Sister Snow. She is a crack up. She is so funny! We found the coolest girl while tracting. She asked US for a Book of Mormon! I love when people do that! Haha yes you can have one! So lots of miracles happening here in Oakton! Also just a fun thing that happened on exchanges: I found a Freddy's in Virginia! Smelt like home. Hahah I had my first Freddy's burger after working there for months. It was good! :) I still remember all that comes on it. Haha

We also had MLC this week. My first MLC in the DC south mission. It was super similar. Just lots of trainings, but they were all really good. We talked about how we can build our trust in the ward and how to work with members better. It was good to hear and there are things I can work on. We've been working a lot with the young woman and trying to get them out with us and excited about missionary work. MLC was also fun because i got to see Sister Bray! Always good to see her :) I got to be with
some other sisters too :) I'm starting to get to know more people here which is nice.

Well those are the highlights of the week! Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks Dad and Grandma for the letters this week!

The White House!  My future home as POTUS.

The Washington Monument!

DC BABY!!!  
WWII Memorial with the Lincoln Memorial in the background.

I found HOME!!

Me and my comps at the Lincoln Memorial.

Me and Einstein - we're close.

I found a Freddy's!


Sister Snow



My first Freddy's burger!



SO MANY TREES HERE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment