Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Oakton is on FIRE!!

Hey Everyone!

What a great week!!  Katrina was baptized!!!!!!!!!  First baptism Oakton has had this year!  It was the smoothest running baptism that I've had too.  Everything went according to plan.  No issues! Love that!  Katrina was so happy and excited for her baptism! I just love feeling the spirit that is so present at baptisms! It's the best! Sunday was a bit stressful because she was late to church, but she made it just in time to be confirmed.  That was a miracle in itself.

We had zone meeting this week and Sister Labrum and I trained on using members in missionary work.  It went well.  We have really been trying to get members out with us everyday.  It's been really good. The ward is really supportive and helpful and ever since the baptism they are even more excited to help out! 

We went on exchanges this week with the Potomac mid-single adult sisters.  I was with Sister Adair.  We spent most of the day tracting, but it was still fun.  The Potomac ward is crazy though because it covers 3 missions. They take all the single members 30 and older in the northeast.  So they travel to Maryland and stuff.  It's crazy!  But it would be pretty cool.  

This week I had the "Endure to the End" meeting! Ahhhhh!!  It was a meeting for all the missionaries that are going home this year!  So stressful!  We went around the room sharing our goals for the rest of our mission.  I just can't believe that I am at this point! Freaks me out!  It was a really motivating meeting though. Just about giving it our all until the end.  That's what I want to do.  Just make every moment count.  

I really can't think of what else we did this week.  We spent a lot of time with Katrina preparing her and spent lots of time tracting.  It was HOT this week! Saturday was 115 degrees with humidity! haha oh man.  That's something I won't miss. The humidity is real.

Well, I love you all so much!!!!!  This week is going to be crazy!  As a mission we are having a goal of finding 300 new investigators and inviting them all to baptism!  Lots of tracting is planned this week, but I know we can do it!!! I'm excited!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks Auntie Sarah for the letters!

Katrina's Baptism!!

Sisters going home this year! We sign the flag saying we will endure to the end!

Woodbridge Sisters


Going on exchanges with this crazy crew!

Me and my friends getting pumped for the Disney Cruise!




No comments:

Post a Comment