Monday, June 27, 2016

Somos Misioneras

Hey everyone!

What a great week! Last Monday we had a zone P-day with President and Sister Wilson!  We played baseball and some other sports and had a pizza party. It was really fun! Last time as a zone with president!  We will all really miss him! I can't believe he leaves next week. He has been such an amazing president and has just made me feel so loved. I'm grateful for all he has done.

This week we also went on exchanges with the Spanish sisters! That was so fun! I got to go do Spanish work! Haha the Spanish sisters took us out for paposas and then we switched and I spoke Spanish all day :) it was hard. I was trying to help, but I really couldn't say much. At one door I was really trying and struggling and then I gave up and said "yo no hablo espanol" the girl laughed and said "that's ok I usually talk in English anyways" haha she was just watching me struggle and was probably so entertained. Actually, all the Spanish people we found spoke English pretty well so that was a miracle. I could help out a little! It was a really fun day. It would be cool to be a Spanish missionary, but it makes finding so much harder! Tracting isn't the same. You have to look for the Spanish people. Also, the stress of learning a language would be hard. I did learn how to say some phrases that might help me when we do run into Spanish people though.

But this week has been really good. We have been finding like crazy! We keep having these really cool miracle finds and great lessons, but then they miss their return appointments and then we can never get in contact with them again.  It's a bit of a bummer.  We just need to keep searching for the prepared people. Those prepared will keep their return appointments. We saw Marie the other day and she has read almost the whole Book of Mormon! She hasn't come to church yet though so she can't be baptized for a little longer, but she really loves all we teach. Hopefully she will be baptized while I'm here! Who knows how much longer that will be though.

Well this next week is the big change! On Friday I will be in DC South! It will be fun. I actually won't be in DC so I don't know why it's called that. My new boundaries just go to the top of Virginia. I won't ever actually leave the state. haha So I will always be a Virginia missionary :) but I'm looking forward to Friday! It should be great. We get to meet the new president and it will be a cool opportunity to see how other missions work. I'm a lot more excited and happy about it now!

Well I love you all!!!


Sister Lawson

Disney fan's house




Zone p-day



Hispanic store with Hispanic drinks

Paposas. They were good!

Sister Wilson!


No comments:

Post a Comment