Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Strange things are happening to me!

Hey Everyone!

So REALLY big news! I am changing missions. I will now be part of the Washington, D.C. South Mission. I just can't believe it. During zone conference they circled up our chairs and President Wilson started to get emotional as he told us that as of July 1st we will all be part of the DC south mission. I have never been in a room that was so quiet before. We were all in shock. Some of us started crying and it was like my whole world just turned upside down. That means I won't be going to the temple with the group I came out with. I won't be partying in the mission home with all of them my last night. I won't be ending in Bon Air (where the mission home is) and get to see the Harrells like I had planned that last night. I won't fly home with Sister Prach (she is from Colorado). I won't see Sister Olson or any of my friends at meetings. I will have to learn new rules of the mission and new people and areas. It's been a hard thing to take.  So much is going to change. One year out and now I'm basically going to go start my mission again. I've never lied in my emails before and I won't lie now. It's hard. But through it all I know I'm growing. I've been studying Christ's atonement a lot lately and one thing I read really stood out to me. It's from Preach My Gospel, the missionary handbook. It says, "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." So I'm trying to hold on to that. Give my burdens to Christ. I know there is a reason for this to be happening. And I'm sure it won't be to bad. It's like changing schools. You leave all your old friends behind and are sad, but then you love the new place. And I'm coming from the Virginia Richmond Mission with 7 other amazing sisters and we will do this together. I am just so grateful that at least Sister Bray is coming with me. I couldn't do it without her. It will be an adventure. And if not, well, just more stories to tell when I get home :) how many people get to say that they served in two missions? ;) but that's really the big news.

Ever since the announcement of us leaving the Lord has really blessed us. We saw Marie again and she is SO golden! She's the one whose friend had given her a Book of Mormon and she wants to be baptized on July 2nd! Her friend is coming into town and she wants to surprise her and tell her. Haha it's great. She is just so cool.  We also met this guy who has been to church lots and has met with missionaries for a long time and he said that he is finally ready to be baptized! What!? He is also on date for the 2nd.

We've been finding people like crazy lately. Our teaching pool is HUGE! We've been taking YSAs and kids who just graduated who are preparing to go on a mission out with us and it's amazing the success we've seen with them. We just go tracting with them and it's like everyone is interested. Haha we are being blessed. :)

So that's the story there. Yes I'm sad about everything, but each day gets better and more exciting. Once the change happens it will be hard, but I know that I will learn to love the new mission and the new mission president. There are just people in DC south that I am supposed to meet. Someone over there is waiting for me and thats why I was chosen to switch.  One year in Virginia and 6 months in DC. Did I mention I've been out for 1 year now? Haha I can't believe a year ago I left. How things have changed.

Love you all lots!
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks mom and dad for the package and the chocolate strawberries for my year mark!

1 Year photo shoot






Comparison of when these two were together at 5 months and now at 1 year!

Zone conference

Woodbridge Zone


Sisters heading to the Washington, DC South mission

How Abby is feeling about the change

 
Dreaming of the beach.  My tan line is coming along nicely!


For family home evening with the YSAs we played ultimate frisbee on the beach!

And.....we are back.....



No comments:

Post a Comment