Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Transferred to Hawaii!

Hey Everyone!

So it was a crazy week this week!!  Transfers happened and I am back up in Woodbridge!  I cant believe it. hahaha we were at transfer meeting and slowly President was reading where everyone was going and my name wasn't being called so I knew what that meant.  He reads off the areas starting from the bottom of the mission to the top, so I knew that I would be going back up north.  It's exciting and a bit not.  I love being back up here, but I definitely like the South better. And I wanted to see a new area of the mission, but it is really great to be in this zone again.  I am now in Quantico and that's only like 10 minutes from my first area!  It's a bit surreal being back where I started.  Bringing back all the summer memories. The really sad thing is that they took sisters out of my first ward, so I can't go and see anyone there :(  I was really hoping to be able to go on exchanges with the sisters in my first ward and see Evelyn again!  But I can't. :(  Mabe next transfer they will put sisters back in.  We have a shortage of sisters lately so lots of areas closed, but once summer comes things will pick up again.  But I love being here because I already know so many of the people! I've met lots of the ward on exchanges way back when and I told them that one day I would come back and here I am. Haha it's way fun!

Anyway, transfers were crazy because they forgot to get me a ride up north. Haha oh #AbbyLuck.  I finally made my way to Fredricksburg (about 30 minutes from my area) and then had to hang out at a church there with the STLs in that area and wait for a member to come pick me up.  Oh the adventures!  But I made it!  My new companion is Sister Prach.  Shes from Colorado and only lives like 20 minutes from me there.  We were at all the same dances and stuff.  Crazy that we never knew each other.  But she is so fun and we have been having a blast!

I came to the ward at the right time because on Saturday they had this HUGE Luau!  It was so cool!  Tons of people showed up and they roasted a whole pig (I of course wouldn't eat any of it) but then they went through all the islands and did dances from each place.  I felt like I was in Hawaii! Our ward here has LOTS of Polynesian people so they put it all on and it was sweet.  There was even a fire dancer!  Man I am obsessed with that culture.  I should have been sent there! Haha but it was way fun

Also on Saturday we had a baptism. It was for a little boy. He was way cute and very excited to be baptized.  I'm excited to keep working with him and his family in the upcoming weeks.  Unfortuantly, Kendall wasnt baptized this weekend.  I don't know what happened, something to do with someone in the hospital...?  But she is on date for next Saturday. Unfortunatly I am too far away to go to it, but it's still an exciting thing!

Well thats all I got. It's been fun.  I love being in Quantico.  It's like the dream for missionaries here.  It's just such a cool area and ward is amazing. It should be a fun time!  Love you!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to Elder Kalani Enos and Dad for the letters

P.S.S. My new address is: 3303 William Johnston Ln. Apt 14 Dumfries, VA 22026

Luau time!

Spring flowers!

Coats back on.  Is it spring yet or not?

Luau dancers!


No comments:

Post a Comment