Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A New Adventure

Hey Everyone!

So lots of big news this week!!!  As many of you probably guessed... I'm being transferred :(  I have to leave wonderful Bon Air and even worse I have to leave Sister Olson :(  So many tears this weekend.  It's been really hard.  During sacrament meeting I got to go to the front and speak for a few minutes.  It was so hard to say goodbye to this ward.  I've been here for five months now and have seen so many miracles and truly love this area and ward.  It's been so much harder to say bye to Sister Olson though.  We have been crying so much.  My hope is that we can be companions at the end of my mission.  Sometimes for your last transfer the President will put you back with an old companion so I'm hoping! We have interviews with President next transfer so I might just let that idea slip..haha, but it really has been a good couple of transfers here.  I'm really going to miss it, but I have other places and people to meet.  I knew it would happen eventually.  Doesn't make it any easier though. :( 

On a happier note, DeMarco got baptized!!!  It was such a good baptism.  The spirit was so strong during it.  Really the youth put on the baptism.  They gave talks for it and a young man actually preformed the baptism.  It was cool to see DeMarco be so fellow-shipped into the ward.  I just love that family so much but I knew that I would be leaving this area after his baptism.  I came to baptize all those kids and then head out.  There is one more kid though.  She is 9 months old... so it looks like I will be coming back to Virginia in 7 years for her baptism :) 

In other news Kendall is getting baptized this Saturday! Bummer that I won't actually get to be there for it, but I am still super excited for her! It will be a great baptism and I'm sure that I will get pictures from it :) 

Also, I'm not actually just getting transferred this time around.  I am actually going to be a Sister Training Leader (STL) now.  What that means is I'm going to help with all the sisters in the zone and go on exchanges with them and I have lots more meetings and have to give more trainings. haha It will be a new adventure!  

Well I love you all!!! have a good week!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa (X2), Dad and Amanda Outlaw for the letters this week! 

They changed the words to a bunch of Disney songs.  
Here is their version of "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from the movie Mulan.

Really cool Coke's we got.

DeMarco!

Cleaning the font for DeMarco's baptism.

We got SOAKING WET!  Nothing like tracting in the rain!

Harrell family picture (plus some random kid).


No comments:

Post a Comment