Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Run and Not Be Weary

Hey Everyone!

Well, today I ran the "Run and Not Be Weary" Virginia Richmond Mission 5K.  Haha oh man, second 5K on the mission.  But this time it was really funny and I did MUCH better.  I ran the race the whole time with Sister Olson and I actually RAN the whole time. Slow run, but still.  I was proud of that!  Sister Olson and I have been training in the morning and so we did really well today.  We were the first sisters to finish and we even beat some of the elders.  So that was cool.  So here is the funny part.  We ran the race and they said that we ran it in 24.19.  I was SHOCKED!!  I didn't believe that I had run it that fast.  There was no way.  (All you know that I am NOT a runner!)  So everyone finished the race and everyone was like, "Wow that was our best time yet.  We all PRed on our mission."  So then the zone leaders decided to drive out the course (why they didn't do that before beats me) and found out that we only ran about 2.5 miles. Hahaha so thats why my time was so good.  They made us all line up and finish the race and I finished that half in 4.28.  So I'm saying that I roughly ran a 5K in 30 minutes.  Still my new best :) haha but it was fun.  Maybe one day I'll be a runner, but today is not that day.

So other cool things this week was General Conference of course!!  I love Conference!  Especailly while being on a mission.  I get so much more out of it!  I know that those men are called of God and that we do have a prophet on this earth to lead and guide us today.  My favorite talk was the last one given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.  I went to conference with a question (as I invite all you to do for future conferences) and he answered it in his talk. He talked about how we just have to try and have the desire to improve but not to worry if we fail.  It was really good to hear.  I just love receiving council from the prophets and apostles!  Always so good.

The rest of this week was really spent tracting it up like usual.  We have been teaching a lot and as always see miracles daily.  We have been able to help give service to many people by doing lots of yard work.  It's starting to get nice outside again :) and pollen season has started!  Haha it's crazy here.  We come out in the morning and our car is literally yellow.  I'll have to take a picture of it this week.  But in other news we have many people progressing and we had lots of people come and watch conference!  So that was really good.  I know a lot more happened this week, but I just cant remember.  Sorry!  But I hope you all have a great week!! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to dad for the 2 letters and to the Jessen family for the card :)

My zone.

Our investigator gave us flowers!

We flipped this tire. Haha our investigator's husband flips the tire around 
for a workout so of course we had to try. It was HEAVY!

Our "Haukunna Matata" running shirts for motivation!

Before the race.

After the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment