Monday, May 23, 2016

And the Rain Came Tumbling Down

Hey Everyone!

Another rainy week down!  I didn't even know that clouds could hold so much rain.  It's just non-stop!  But missionary work stops for nothing!  So we have been just tracting in the rain.  Unfortunately, we haven't found anyone.  We tracted for three days straight, I mean from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. for three days and didn't find anyone. Got into a few Bible bashes, but it's still been a fun time.  We like to play games such as "I'm thinking of a movie" and then it's like 20 questions to guess it. We also jam out to Prince of Egypt and Lamb of God in the car and have just been living the missionary life up!

A few of our investigators dropped us this week, but others are going strong.  Davon is really progressing.  He meets with us all the time and has learned a lot.  He just doesn't want to read the Book of Mormon which is really hard.  He has so many friends in the church and loves all that we do, but he just won't read.  It's a bit frustrating.  I got mad at him last night and told him that I didn't give up 18 months of my life and fly to Virginia for a book that wasn't true and that didn't bring me closer to God.  He said "I didn't realize how much this book meant to you.  I promise I will read from it."  So he better read today because we are seeing him tonight. 

We did recieve a great referral from the elders in another ward.  Since we take all the YSA members they passed them to us.  They are these two young adult girls and they are AMAZING!  They don't have much knowledge about religion and they love meeting with us. They are just soaking up all that we teach.  It's great! I'm excited for them!

Also this week we had sisters meeting!  It was so fun!  I love being with all the sisters!  Well, all the sisters up north.  We have 2 sisters meetings: one for the north and one for the south zones.  Anyway it was really good.  We had trainings on faith and charity and obedience.  All the wonderful Christlike attributes.  :)

Well it was a great week everyone!  More tracting is in my future, but that's where the miracles happen!  That's where you get to be an answer to someone's prayer!  I love it!  I love you all!!  Have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

Look!  I found "Where the Sidewalk Ends"!

Sister's meeting


Woodbridge Zone Sisters

11 Months!

Sorting baby clothes for service.

Our friend Wendi moved!  She was the best!  She came out with us ALL the time! 
It was like being in a trio. The hit was hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment