Thursday, May 19, 2016

Party Bus!

Hey Everyone!

Happy Mothers Day to all those mothers out there!  It was so fun to get to talk to my family yesterday.  They are all growing up so much ;)  It's crazy that the next time I will see them is when I come home.  That went fast.  Too fast.  But I still have lots to do out here in beautiful Virginia! 

Anyway, this week was super fun!  We got to go to missionary leadership conference (MLC) this week.  It's a big long meeting down in Richmond for all the Sister Training Leaders and Zone Leaders.  We recieve trainings and then we have to give them to the rest of the zone.  But anyway it was so fun because I got to drive a party van.  haha  Since I am at the VERY top of the mission we have to drive the farthest to get to Richmond. So we had to get the mission mini van and drive down to Richmond while picking up other sisters.  Oh man it was so fun.  I got to drive one way and we were just partying in the party van.  The meeting was really great and I learned a lot and then after everyone in the party van went and got food at Cafe Rio.  Who even knew those were in Virginia?  It was great!  We didn't get home until late that night.

Then on Friday we had zone meeting and we had to give trainings on the trainings that we recieved at MLC.  I trained on working with the ward to get referrals.  So all you people out there invite the missionaries over with your friends :)

I also went on exchanges this week!  I got to go to Bristo which is right on the mission boundaries and we may or may not have accidently gone out of the mission.... hahaha welcome to DC South! Haha but it's ok because it happens a lot up there.  The boundaries are not very good and you make one wrong turn and you are gone.  But what was super fun is a went with Sister Styler!!  We were back together for the day!  It was so fun!! We got to teach together again and it was like we were never apart.  I loved it!  

This week we also met a really cool new investigator named DaVon.  We teach a lot of young single adults (YSA) here and so we were just at McDonalds and this YSA kid stops us and starts talking to us.  We have met with him a lot and he even came to church yesterday!  He is being fellowshipped so well by the YSAs in the ward and really loves all that we do.  We also are teaching this lady who after two years of meeting with missionaries has officially quit smoking and now is ready to be baptized! She is being batized on the 28th! So cool!  Also Kendall was baptized on Saturday! I wish I could have been there, but I heard that it was great.

Well I love you all and miss you tons!!! Have a good week!!!!

Love,
Siser Lawson

P.S. Thanks dad for the card this week!!

Mission Learning Conference.  STLs


Best little ice cream shop ever!


Sprinkles!

Lunch at Cafe Rio!

Party Bus group.

Lunch before exchanges.

Exchanges with Sister Styler!

Party Bus video!

No comments:

Post a Comment