Monday, December 5, 2016

Going out with a bang!

Hey Everyone!

Wow. What a week. So much happened I don't even know where to start! I had my last exchange this week! Crazy. It was a really good one. I was with Sister Forbes who came over from the Richmond mission with me so that was super fun! We did some contacting at this park right next to the airport and it was so cool because the planes were taking off right above you! They were so close! It was a bit scary actually. Haha it was fun contacting there, but so hard because the planes would be so loud so we would have to stop talking and wait for them to pass overhead and then could continue talking. It was a cool park.

This week was also the ward Christmas party! I love ward parties as a missionary! It's the only parties we can go to. ;) But this year they did a Christmas brunch which was fun! It was fun just being with the ward and seeing santa of course!

Highlight of this week was we went to see the temple lights with Emily!! It was amazing! So pretty!!! I could look at those lights all day! Last time I saw them was when I was 4, so I am so happy I got the experience of seeing it this winter! I would hang out there all day. :) it was a fun night. They had a whole room with nativities from all around the world and it was so cool! I loved seeing how the different cultures depicted Christ's birth. I could look at those for hours. As I travel to see all the different temples around the world I'm going to get nativities from each place :) future world traveler right here :)

Then yesterday we had a crazy Sunday! We had so many different people come to church! Ahh it was stressful in the best kind of way! We had no idea so many people were coming! We had a member go pick up Kim and when they went to get her there was a man sitting outside and he asked if he could come to church too. The member said sure and brought him. He is so cool too! He went up and bore his testimony in front of everyone. Haha he wants to start meeting with us and wants to come to church every week. Such a miracle! Then Emily came with her friend so that was a fun surprise! They both really enjoyed it. And then a family that came over from the boundary change that the other sisters were teaching came to church as well! It was just so many people! We have never seen our Sunday school class so filled! It was the best!

Then today we went to DC and went ice skating!!! What a dream! Skating outside right by The nation's capital! It was so fun. We meet up with some of the other sisters so it was just a party. I can't wait to be back on the ice in MY skates! I've missed them so much! It will be good to get back into it. We also went and saw the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. They were both so faded, but were cool to see. Makes me proud to be an American! Today was my last trip into DC, but I will be back to visit and see more! It's been a fun couple of trips!

So that was my crazy week. Lots of other exciting things happened, but no time to write it all. We found some other new investigators and were crazy busy with lessons. It was a great week! I LOVE being a missionary!! I love you all! Have a good week!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks Dad for the Christmas cards from years past. Haha


Ice skating in D.C.!


Metro riding to downtown DC.




There were so many nativities. Can't send all the pics I took, but this was my favorite one. 
Just so different and so cool. Giraffes instead of camels. I love it!


Us with Emily!

Exchanges!

The Dillard family. Such a great family! They were just baptized a few months ago, 
but actually just moved into the other ward. :( I love them!

SANTA!!!!  I know him!


No comments:

Post a Comment