Monday, December 19, 2016

El fin

Hey Everyone!

I know I said last week was my last email, but too much happened! I have to have one final one :) my last few days were some of the craziest ones!

In my last email I had said that Kim might be getting baptized the next day....well that happened!! What a crazy crazy time! So Tuesday night we went and got her so that she could have her baptismal interview. That was a crazy situation in itself. The place she is living at didn't want her to leave so it was hard to convince them, but we did. We got her to her interview and she passed!! Yay! We then had to plan the whole baptism in less than 24 hours. It was stressful, but in the best kind of way :). On Wednesday we did more stuff for the baptism and we had to fill the font. Then Kim was baptized! It was a great baptism too. Ward members came and Kim was SO happy after she was baptized. She was just smiling and hugging people and seemed really happy.

So that was the coolest miracle ever! Can't believe she was baptized! Such a fun way to end. Other fun news Caroline is getting baptized Christmas Eve so I will be skyping in for that! Love that girl :) I also had my last district meeting this week. They let me be the district leader for the day and so that was fun. I did everything. I gave one last training and it was actually based off of the first training that I had ever given. It was on the Christlike attributes. On my mission I've learned a lot about Christlike attributes and it's been cool because in Preach My Gospel there are 9 Christlike attributes and I had 9 companions and so each companion has taught me a different one. I'm grateful for all of them and love them so much!

Then on Thursday I had my departing interview :( I stayed with the other sisters going home (there are 5 of us total) and we went to work at the temple visitor center! We got to be visitor center sisters for the night! We got new companions for the night to help us out and just got to talk to anyone who came to see the temple lights. It was fun. The only bummer part was it was SO cold that night! It was in the 20s and in Virginia that feels like -10. The humidity kills you! Because it was so cold not very many people came. When I went with Emily and Sia the place was packed. But that night we had more sisters than people.  I got to say the opening prayer in front of everyone for the show though. That was cool! They do little concerts each night and I was asked to pray. I was making jokes how my whole mission lead up to say that one prayer :).  Also fun story! I saw my friend Elder Evan Stolk at the temple! He is in the Washington DC north mission and happened to be there with an investigator so it was fun seeing him.

After being at the temple we all went to a hotel to spend the night and me and the other sisters talked about our missions. It was a fun night, but a sad night. In the morning we met with the two elders also going home and went to the mission home for a little testimony meeting and then president took two of the sisters to the airport because their flights were so much earlier. The rest of us got to go to the air and space museum right next to the airport! That was cool. They had SO many planes and spaceships and it was cool to see. After that we all then went to the airport. We got there around 1:00 and I hung out with the other sisters as long as I could, but I had the latest flight so I watched them leave on by one. My flight left at 7:00.

Then more craziness happened! I came home in a BLIZZARD!!! It was insane! But the plane landed safely and my brothers and parents were there. It was so good to see them all! Because of the blizzard it took us forever to get home and we got home around 1:00 a.m. I was released the next day and gave my homecoming talk yesterday and had a little open house.

So there you have it. This is probably my longest email and it hasn't even been a week. Haha It was just such a crazy busy one! Lots happened. It's fun to be back and I love being with my family, but it is a bit weird. I truly loved my mission and had the best time of my life. I am just so grateful that I served a mission. I can't say it enough. It's the best thing you can do in your life. Even when things are hard, it's worth every minute. I love you all and all you missionaries keep killing it! See the miracles and make every moment count! I'm praying for all of you! Love you!!

For the last time... Sister Lawson signing out!

Sister Bray made me a tombstone cake for my last day.

Kim's baptism!

My district sending me away.

Temple lights!

Partying in the hotel.

My group I went home with from when we went to the temple.

18 months baby!

On the plane coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment