Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2 missions, 6 areas, 9 companions, 13 transfers, 18 months, and 549 days later.....

Hey Everyone!

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe it. How has this day come? I just don't understand. This is it y'all. This is the end. My last email. I have thought so much about what I want to write in this final email and I still have no idea. So here it goes. Let's just start with what has happened this week.

It was another crazy one! We got to go to the temple visitor center again to see the lights with our investigator Sia and her kids. That was so fun. I love seeing the temple and it's so cool with the lights! I'm so happy that I got to go up again and look at it all. Sia loved it! She was so interested in temples and loved that her family can be together forever. She said she is going to go back up with her husband to show him. It was just so cool. I love the knowledge that because of the temple my family will be together forever. What a blessing.

This week we also got to help out with the Alive feed the hungry event. I'm so happy that I got to be apart of that again. This one was especially special because it's the last one before Christmas so we were handing out toys as well. The excitement on the kids faces was just so fun to see! Such a fun time of year.

On Sunday all the missionaries in the area sang in a choir for the stake Christmas music fireside. It was so good. We all sang Joy to the World and it was powerful to have so many missionaries singing. All the other music numbers were so good as well. So many musically talented people.

Then yesterday (why I'm emailing today) we had a half mission conference where Elder Bennett from the 70 came and talked with us. It was so cool hearing from a general authority. It was a great meeting. He talked all about obedience and how being obedient to the commandments is the most important thing. How it's the first law of heaven. He also taught us how we are here to do ALL we can to help the people we teach. That we need to help them on their journey. It was super good to hear. I wish that I had learned all this earlier. Haha but it can be applied in my life as well.

Well, it still honestly hasn't hit me that this is it. It's not even real. I just feel like transfers are coming up. I can't imagine my life not as a missionary. I forgot what it was like. Haha I have a crazy couple of days ahead of me though. There is a possibility that Kim is getting baptized tomorrow! It's still up in the air, but it could happen. On Thursday I have my interview with president and then that night I'm going with the sisters I'm going home with to work at the temple visitor center! We will be at the temple lights trying to contact people and talking to everyone there. I'm super excited to be a temple visitor sister. Haha just another mission to be apart of ;) then Friday I fly on home. What a crazy week!

I just want everyone to know how much I have LOVED my mission!!! This has been the best experience of my life. I am so grateful for this time to serve. To give 18 months to the Lord. I have seen God's hand in all things and have felt of his love. I know God is aware of each one of us and all we have to do is turn to him in prayer. He will help us through everything. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he lives and that because he lives, we all will live again and can be with those we love forever. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I know you will come closer to God and become more Christlike by reading from it. I know because I've done it. As I've read from it everyday my life has changed. I'm so much happier and I worry so much less. I'm more at peace. I love this gospel and what it has done for me and the happiness it's brought me. I love my mission and to be able to tell others of the joy I have received. I have loved giving my all to God's work. I love my family and am so excited to see them, but that doesn't make leaving any easier. I love Virginia and the people here and all that has happened to me. I wish I could stay, but my time is done and it's time for me to apply all that I have learned and to be the person God wants me to be. I'm just so grateful for the time I've had here. I can't say it enough. It hasn't always been easy, but it HAS been worth it. I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I love you all and will see lots of you on Friday! Have a good couple of days!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks dad for all the Christmas cards from years past! It's been so fun seeing all those! Also thanks to grandma and grandpa for the card.

P.P.S.  A special thank you to everyone who has sent me stuff on my mission! I've been so blessed to have received so much love from you all over the last 18 months! Thanks for all the support!

P.P.P.S. For those of you who are still missionaries I still want to hear from you and I still want to get your weekly emails!!!!  My new email is abbylawson917@gmail.com please make sure to make that change! Love you all! Enjoy EVERY moment of you mission!!!


The cute Sunbeams found a way to serve during the 25 days of service in December 
by giving us a gift basket. What cuties.

Time really has gone by....

We got SOAKED!!!!! The rainy winter season is here!

District Taco. Only the best :)

Temple visitor's center with Sia and her family!

You know that great little inspirational movie "Remember the Titans"? 
Well, that took place here. In good old Alexandria. We went to the school it took place. :)

The "Alive" service event!


No comments:

Post a Comment