Monday, November 21, 2016

One Wild Week!

Hey Everyone!

Can't believe another week has gone by! This week was transfer week! But nothing changed here! So, I'm not sure what will happen to Sister West mid-transfer when I leave! Oh! I don't think I ever explained that. So due to transfers being changed from the MTC changing (that happened back in March I think?) and the fact that the transfer is after Christmas now and because I switched missions so that mixed everything up, I am going home in the middle of this transfer. I'm going home with 4 other sisters who also decided to switch so they could be home for Christmas. Lots of craziness, but there you have it! I'll be home December 16th! But what's so weird is all of us going home mid transfer aren't in trios like we thought, so who knows what will be happening with our companions! But some changes might be happening this week because on Sunday they announced all new ward boundaries for the northern Virginia area! So new wards have been created and some have been combined. Currently we don't even know what ward we are in, because our ward was split in half! We are just waiting to hear and will just stick with the area we have been working in until we hear what ward we are actually a part of. We are going to have to pass half our people either way though. Crazy things here in Virginia!

But, in other news, on Thursday I got to go to the temple again! I went with the group from DC South! We went with the group that left this transfer date (that included Sister Styler. Can't believe she is already gone!) and the group I'm going home with. It was a lot of fun! I love going to the temple! It's so beautiful and the spirit is just so strong. It felt so good to be there and I am just so grateful for temples on this earth and that there are so many! My new dream is to travel the world and see all 150 of them! That would be so cool! 

But this week was a good one. Pretty crazy with two temple trips and transfers and then new boundaries, but it's been fun. Things are going well with our people and we had some great lessons! We had a lesson in a members home and if you want to do something that will really help the missionaries, host a lesson! It makes such a difference and the spirit is so much more present. We also had a family home evening with the Dillards (recent convert family) in a member's home and that was so fun! Everyone had a good time!

Well, I love being here and am SO happy that I get to stay in Alexandria! It's so fun here! They put Christmas lights up in all the trees on King Street in old town and it looks magical now! I just love it! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Such an exciting time of year! Well I love you all and have a GREAT Thanksgiving! We already have three dinners we are going too and I'm sure more will invite us. Bring on he food! Haha pray for me ;) 

Love you!
Sister Lawson 

The zone!

The district.

He completed his mission...so we had to kill him off.  Haha.

What?!  17 months!  One more month to go!

Love this girl! Can't believe it was over a year ago that we were comps! 
Goodbye Sister Styler.  :(

It's cold here.  We are FREEZING!

Celebrating Sister West's one year mark!

Pictures don't do it justice!  King Street is so magical looking at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment