Thursday, November 17, 2016

Double the mission, Double the fun!

Hey Everyone!

So sorry I didn't email yesterday! But I switched my Pday to today so that I could go to the temple! I went up with Sister Bray, Styler, and West! So many of my companions :) and the best thing ever was We got to meet up with the missionaries from Richmond! The group I came out with went for their going home trip so I got to see them all! We knew they were going today, but weren't sure what time so we showed up and I thought we had missed them. I was so sad. I wanted to cry right there. But then we walked up the stairs and there they were! It was the happiest moment ever!  It was just so great to see them all! I love all those sisters! I got to sit right by Sister Prach and that was so fun. So many of my friends were there. It was great! Oh I was just so happy. I'm still just so happy that it all worked out. It was just such a fun reunion and what better place than in the temple! Unfortunately they went somewhere else and our ride was waiting outside so we didn't get to take any pictures, but it was so fun seeing them all! I have really missed them. What a great group of missionaries. So cool that I got to serve in two missions though because now I get to have double the friends! On Thursday I get to go to the temple again with my group from DC south! I'm so excited! I'm going home with another great group of missionaries here so that will be a fun time as well!

So that was the best part of my week. Haha but this week was really great! We have had some really good lessons this week. We saw Emily quite a bit and she is doing really well. She really wants to come to church, but she is still on bed rest. Hopefully she will get better soon though and can come. We also officially passed Caroline to the singles ward and she is doing amazing! She told us all about church and how much she loved it! I'm so excited for her. She should be getting baptized in the next two weeks :) We met a new family this week that I'm excited about and are just meeting lots of great people! Lots of work is happening here! Love that city life.

So crazy story. the other night we went to check on a referral and they didn't answer. It was cold out so we got in the car to see where we wanted to go next. Well, as we were in the car all of a sudden we saw a fire outside. We thought maybe someone was having a fire pit party so we went to check it out. We walked over and it wasn't a fire pit, it was a pile of leaves in someone's yard and it was on fire! We ran and did what missionaries do best and knocked on the neighbors doors. They came out and we helped put out the fire. They were so grateful and the older lady kept saying how god sent her two angels to protect her house. What's really cool is the lady's granddaughter is super interested in religion and actually called us the next day saying she wanted to meet up! So we are going to see her tomorrow. It was just such a crazy time because we didn't plan on being there that night, but god knew we needed to be there to warn that family. I'm just so grateful everyone was ok and it didn't burn anything down.

But it was a good week overall. I just can't believe that I had my temple trip though. That was always so far away in the future and something you do when you go home, but here I am. Just mind blowing. I've been doing this program called 'my plan' where you make goals for when you go home so you don't just waste time again. Haha but it's really got me thinking about all the good that I can do at home. I love Virginia and it's going to be so hard to leave next month, but that doesn't mean it's the end. There's always more work to do :) tonight we find out about transfers and I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm excited for my last little adventure! Bring it on! :) I love you all soooo much! Have a wonderful miracle filled week! I know I will ;) Love you!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks Dad and Grandma and Grandpa for the letters this week!

A member ordered us Chinese food and so we had a Chinese Thanksgiving!
Haha there was SO much food for just the two of us!

We met this guy out on King Street. He made this crazy instrument and it's basically guitar and base strings on a board that he hits with mallets. It sounded super cool. He was good at playing it.

These are all sisters from the DC south mission that happened to be up there at the same time as us. We ran into them as we were leaving.



No comments:

Post a Comment