Saturday, November 12, 2016

I'm going to Uganda!

Hey Everyone!

What a great week! Last Monday was so fun! To celebrate Halloween the whole zone got together and we played games and then watched the movie "17 Miracles." The zone leaders had brought all the couches and chairs from around the church into the gym and then we watched it. Such a sad movie. It's about the pioneers and their trek out west. Let me just say I could NOT be a pioneer! It was so sad to see what they went through, but I'm grateful for them and their faith.

Ok now I just want to talk about my favorite person in the world: Caroline. She is the one from Uganda we met street contacting. Well, we saw her almost everyday this week and she is progressing like crazy! She is the sweetest person I have ever met! We went to the
temple visitor center with her and she LOVED it! She loved that families can be together forever and she told us that when she gets married in the temple we are invited :) oh I just love her! We got to take Caroline into the lobby of the temple and there is a painting of a girl praying and she was looking at it and then turned to us and said "I feel her spirit. I feel so warm here." It was just so amazing! Caroline is seriously the best! She even came to church yesterday! But the saddest news in the world is we will be passing her to the YSA ward. :( so depressed. We told her about the YSA ward and she was so excited about it. Then we told her that she would have to meet with other missionaries and she got so sad and wants to stay with us, but we all know that it would be better for her to go to a singles ward and make friends. She told us she doesn't know anyone here and has no one to be friends with so it will be better for her. Makes me so sad to say bye for now though. Luckily we can still be her friends and I told her I will visit Uganda with her sometime :)

Today we actually got to go to DC with Caroline! Yay! We went to the African art Smithsonian and searched the whole place for art from Uganda. Haha after searching forever we found a pot from there :) it was fun. We also went to the Washington monument and just walked around DC. It's always a fun time just being in the city. I love it!

But this week has been really good and we have had lots of good lessons with people.  We had members come out this week which was so fun! I love when members come out and just spend a few hours with us. I'm so very grateful for their help.  Also good news Kim is back living with Connie! We lost contact with her for a few days and that was sad, but then she called us up and she is back :) yay! We are finding new people and just trying to get people progressing. I'm so grateful to be here and to just be a missionary! Nothing is better! Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thank you to the Tenney family for the letter! Loved it! Can't believe how big you've all gotten!


Playing cards on Halloween before the movie!

Movie party.

The zone.

Temple



DC

Heart attack for days!

I love fall!


Meet me by the fountain to hear the first discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment