Monday, October 10, 2016

Welcome to the City!

Hey Everyone!

Wow craziest week of my WHOLE mission! I still can't believe all that happened! So to start off I got transferred!!! What!?!?!? Didn't see that one coming! Sister Labrum has been in Oakton for 6 months and is staying, and I left! This is my SIXTH area! Still in shock over that one. I am now in Alexandria. I am in the city. Right across the Potomac river from DC. You can see DC from some of the buildings here. There are sky rises galor and one way streets and just city life to the max.  I basically live in a hotel. I feel like I'm living "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody." Haha it's just so different in this area.  Nothing like I've ever experienced before. My new companion is Sister West! She has been out for 10 months and is from Coeur d'Alene Idaho! So it's been a crazy week of newness and saying bye. That was hard. Sister Labrum had been saying goodbye to people last week and I was saying that I probably would end my mission in Oakton, but then we were way wrong. So we had to go and try to see everyone and I wasn't able to say goodbye to all :( Sad day. It just came up so fast! How could you predict that?!

So a few crazy things that happened this week were: we made a music video last Monday to a song entitled "Jesus is a Friend of Mine" - it's a classic. Also, at four in the morning the night before I left Oakton a man started pounding on our door and it scared us SO bad. Turns out our water heater was leaking everywhere and coming through the ceiling of our downstairs neighbor so that had to be fixed at 4am. Fun times all around!

So since coming to Alexandria miracles have been flowing left and right! Here are three big ones.  First, we received a referral when I got here of someone who wanted a Bible. So we went to bring one by and started talking to her. Her name is Nea and she is SO sweet! She used to meet with the missionaries and used to even come to our church! She
said that she wants to keep meeting with us and wants to get back into church and doing the right thing. I'm so excited to work with her!

The next miracle is a member is letting a lady, Kim, stay with her until she gets back on her feet. Well, the member told us to come over and meet Kim, so we did the first night I was here and now we are teaching her and she is on date to be baptized! She has such a desire to change her life and we have met with her almost everyday that I've been here!

My last miracle is that of Emily. The sisters found her last week and she let them right in. We came back the other day for a return appointment and she was so excited to see us. She had so many questions and just wanted to know everything! She loves the way we hold our sacrament meetings and really wants to go next week! She also accepted a baptismal date while we were there!

Man the miracles are just going crazy! Alexandria 3rd Ward is growing! It's such a tiny little ward that meets in a chapel right on the Potomac and I just love it already! It's going to be a good transfer! Lots to do here! Lots of miracles waiting to happen!

Well I love you all! It was a crazy week, it was a sad week (I HATE saying goodbye) but great things happened this week. Miss you all and love you SOOOO much!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. My new address is: 1200 First St., Apt. 430, Alexandria, VA 22314


I found The School of Rock!

After our music video party

Mod Pizza.

We went to this place where you make your our pizzas and they got our names way wrong. 
Sister Laboe and Sister Lawcene. Haha the pizzas were good though!

My district. It was a great one! 
Elder Shelley was made an AP so he left early and missed our picture.

4:00 a.m.  Not a pretty time.


Saying goodbye. :(

Sister West!  In the city and in the rain.

In our hotel house! Our view is of construction! Haha yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment