Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Missionaries? Or professional stalkers?

Hey Everyone!

Another week down in the city! I can't believe it! Everything is just crazy here! Everything is so fast pace and the roads are crazy and the traffic is always insane. There are always people rushing here and there and I just can't believe it! It's been fun though. I really love it! I don't think I'll ever live in the city, but as a missionary it's great! So many people to talk to Everywhere! You couldn't ask for more!

But it was another week of miracles! First off our investigator Kim, who was living with a member, disappeared. We couldn't find her for days! She just left and didn't come back. We tried calling, leaving notes at different shelters, just searching town for her, but we couldn't find her. The member had no idea where she was either. Then Sunday night we decided to go check the hospital. We knew her mother had been there last week, so we thought maybe she was still there. We went and right when we showed up Kim was walking out of the hospital room to leave and we barely caught her! She gave us a big hug and said she was so happy to see us! Her phone died and she doesn't have a charger and she has been staying at the hospital with her mother. But her mother is being released today so if we had come one day later they wouldn't have been there and if we had come one minute later we would have missed Kim. God's timing. It's crazy. Have to follow every prompting because His timing is exact. We were just so happy to actually find Kim. We should be detectives. We were going all over town seeing if anyone had seen her. She is moving back with the member this week so we will be able to see her again :)  She told her mother all about her baptism and is so excited about it :)

We were also able to get one of our investigators a priesthood blessing. She had surgery this week and after the blessing she said she felt warm and at peace and knew God was taking care of her. It was so amazing to hear! She has such a testimony of this church now. Her surgery went great and now she is just on bed rest for the week, but once she is all healed she wants to go and see the temple! So hopefully we will be able to go to the visitor center with her in a couple of weeks :)

We had one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever had on my mission this week. It was with this mother and daughter, Patricia and BB. We just simply taught the restoration, but it was powerful. The spirit was so present in the room and I felt like the spirit was talking through me. I really don't know what made this lesson different, but you could feel it. They both loved it and said they would read and pray and be baptized. I'm so excited to see them again!

Great things are happening in Alexandria! The city is amazing! We spent lots of time this week street contacting in old town. That's something that I need to get better at. Street contacting is not my forte, but it's been fun and I'm getting better at it. I gave a talk in church about prayer and am slowly starting to get to know all the members. I have a goal of getting to know the whole ward. Well, I love you all!! Can't believe it's been 16 months today! Ahhhhh this can't be happening!!! Hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks Dad and Grandma and Grandpa for the letters this week!


Finally found my name on a sign! 


Street contacting by the Potomac river. Had to take some pics.

No one was really around to talk to. It was cold but it was fun to mix things up. 
I found a boat that matched my skirt!

Fire alarm went off during our planning session. The whole building was evacuated. 
Something to do with a water heater? Still not sure, just grateful it wasn't from my cooking!

16 months!  Wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment