Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Curse Has Been Lifted!

Hey Everyone!

That's right! The curse has been lifted! I am FINALLY staying with my companion! I am SO happy!!!! I love Sister Olson and I am so grateful that I get to have another transfer with her!  We are going to see so many miracles.  This is a long transfer too.  Due to the MTC going back to having English speaking missionaries stay there for 3 weeks, all the English missions are getting messed up on their transfers so we have no English missionaries coming this transfer and this is a 7 week transfer.  I am so happy to be staying here in Bon Air with Sister Olson during the long transfer.  It will be great!!

So in other news this last week has honestly just been spent tracting.  We have been tracting morning, afternoon and evening.  It's been fun. :)  We made up a song while tracking.  It goes to "all i do is win":

All I do is tract, tract, tract no matter what,
Got the gospel on my mind and I can never get enough,
When I step into a building everybody's doors go shut!
And they stay there!

Hahaha so I hope that you enjoyed that song.  I love tracting actually.  It's really fun.  We get to meet so many people and be outside and it's just a good time.  It doesn't sound like it would be, but we have fun.  We see lots of miracles too.  We went to dinner one day and had the kids spiritually create someone.  They picked a street and said he was old and would be wearing red and had glasses.  So we went to that street and were having no luck, but then the last door we knocked an older man wearing a red sweatshirt and glasses answered the door.  It was so cool!!! He wasn't interested at all, but it was still such a testimony strengthener to me that if we put in the effort to find these people God will lead us to them.  Prepared people are out there!

In other news we helped a recent convert rip up her carpet and lay laminate floors, and we helped one of our investigators (Marina) put up wallpaper this week.  Let me just say that I should NOT go into a construction business. Haha I was so bad at it. Especially at putting up the wallpaper.  But Marina is such a sweet lady and she didn't care that we were so bad at it.  She will hopefully be baptized soon.  We met her while tracting and she let us right in.  She is from Guatemala and said that she grew up seeing missionaries all the time so thats pretty cool.  You never know the seeds that you are planting in other people for missionaries later to teach. :)

This week was also Cinco de Marcho!  Haha so we were trying to set a temple date with a family and we said, "How about the 5th of March?"  And then Sister Olson got so excited and was like, "That would be so cool! You could be up there for Cinco de Mayo!"  Then of course we all made fun of her and informed her that that was in May, so we made up a holiday and it's Cinco de Marcho.  On that day you have to wear purple and eat TONS of candy and read from the Book of Mormon.  We went over and celebrated with them. Haha so fun.

Well thats all folks!  I just want you all to know that I know this church is true.  I see miracles everyday and am so grateful to be a missionary here in Virginia.

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to Dad and Grandma and Grandpa for the mail this week!

New holiday - Cinco de Marcho!

Happy Leap Day!

Ripping up the floors.

Night tracting.

Looking for people to teach among the bamboo trees.

Our mustache's for Mustache March.

Being 5 years old again and enjoying the tire swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment