Monday, February 15, 2016

Starting out on a Journey.

Hey Everyone!

Happy Valentines Day!!!  I hope you all had a good one! I just ate lots of chocolate :)

Well this week was a fast one!  The weeks have just been going faster and faster.  It's snowing here once again and I'm not all to happy about it.  The snow really messes up missionary work, but I think it's starting to stop and hopeful will be our last snow for the year.  I'm just happy that I am here for two summers and not two winters :)

Anyway, usually when I write I have one main story that happened to me during the week, but this week I have none of those.  So here are a few fun little things that happened:

We were tracting the other day and met this man named Demetri.  He sounded like he was from Russia and he told us that his wife wasn't there, but that we could come back tomorrow.  So we left and were obviously making jokes about the movie Anastasia and singing the songs.  We come back the next day and his wife answers the door and lets us in.  We start talking to her and ask her her name and she says that she is ANASTASIA!!! Uhhhh.... What?!?!  Haha my first thought was, "These people are crazy! They changed their names and are going to kill us."  Haha but they were the nicest old couple I have ever met.  Unfortunately when we were leaving they said they just wanted to meet with us for informational purposes.  :( Bummer.  But I just want you to know that I found the lost princess and that Anastasia and Demetri are currently living in Virginia.  Haha, man I have never wanted to watch that movie so bad before.  I'll just have to watch it in December :)

This week we also had a Relief Society activity.  We learned about the five love languages (1.Quality time, 2. Words of affirmation, 3. Acts of service, 4. Physical touch, 5. Receiving gifts.) and then took a little test about which one we were.  No surprise I was quality time.  I pretty much already knew that.  But it was fun to do.  I think the whole idea of the five love languages is fascinating. 

We also had a fun dinner this week. And by fun I mean nasty.  Haha a less active member invited us over for dinner but we had already had a dinner that night.  We of course said yes that we would come over and it was just bad.  We were already full but we just shoved more in.  The worst part was this household had cats EVERYWHERE!!!  They were walking ALL over the dinner table and sniffing our food and I think I ate more cat hair than food.  Oh goodness the missionary life.

Well those are all the fun stories that I can think of right now.  The week really has just been filled with finding and teaching.  We have been having lots of lessons and have found lots of cool people so hopefully it will all work out.  Sister Olson and I have just been working hard and having lots of fun.  It's been a good week.  

Well, I love you all!!!! 

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to Aunt Taryn, Aunt Sarah and Uncle John, Grandma and Grandpa, and Dad for the letters this week! And thanks Dad for the Rose on Valentines Day :)

We bought these ugly sweaters for $3!

She's 97!

We went out to dinner at Chicken Fiesta! the coolest place ever.  Haha it's good Mexican food.  We went with Richard (our investigator) and Bill (the cutest old man ever.  He gives us M&Ms every time we see him).

We are Eskimos!  SO COLD!

Valentine's cupcakes!


We "heart attacked" a member's door.



"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

Sister Olson drew this!  I was dying!

No comments:

Post a Comment