Thursday, November 5, 2015

This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween....

Hi everyone!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! I hope you all had a great Halloween and got lots of candy! My Halloween was spent waiting for transfer calls...and.... I didn't get one so I am staying here! But sister styler is leaving :( I'm happy that I'm staying. We have a lot of people close to baptism and I really just love this area, I just wish Sister Styler was staying too. I just can't seem to keep companions. I'm going into my fourth transfer with my fourth companion. That doesn't happen very often. Usually you stay with your companions longer, but I'm sure I'll love my next companion and we will get all these people baptized! :)

Anyways this week was really good! Friday especially was a great day.  We had zone meeting that morning and I learned a lot.  We went through a bunch of scriptures that bring peace and motivate you for missionary work and it was really great.  I just love the scriptures so much!  After the meeting we went on daytime splits with the Sister Training Leaders and I found two new investigators which is always a good time!

Then that night we had our ward Halloween trunk or treat! It was so fun. I dressed up as Rapunzel (with her hair cut off) and Sister Styler dressed up as Snow White. We were the judges for the little costume contest.  But what made the night so awesome was that TWO of our investigators came with their families!!!!! It was so great! Patricia came with her two little boys and Michelle came with her whole family! It was so awesome. I talked a bit about Patricia last week and Michelle has three daughters and is tiny! She wears a size 1 in kid shoes and an 8 in kid pants. She is so little! I feel like a giant when I hug her. That's not normal for me. haha But she is really cool and is so excited to get baptized. She told us this week that she sees no point of waiting to get baptized and asked when we were holding our next baptismal service. So awesome!  She is just so prepared and wants to learn about Christ.  I love it! We just have to get through all the lessons and then hopefully in the next few weeks she will be baptized. :)

The rest of this week was pretty normal.  We've just been teaching and finding.  We had zone P-day last Monday, but it wasn't that fun.  We played Oompa which is always fun, but no one really seemed to be into it that day, so it was lame.  I get a new companion tomorrow and I'm a little scared, but I'm also excited. It's fun to meet and learn from new people.  I'm looking forward to a new week and a new transfer!  I'm officially 1/4 of the way done with my mission.  CRAZY!! Well, I love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S.  Thanks to Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, the Jessens and Elyse, and Aunt Sarah and Uncle John for the Halloween cards!

Coming in out of the rain!

Rapunzel and Snow White!

This is for you Mom!

I don't want Sister Styler to leave!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment