Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Hey everyone!

This week went so fast! I know I say that a lot, but this was really the fastest week I have ever been through. It was a great week too! We had 14 lessons with investigators, 7 with members, and found 6 new investigators. The work is going well here! We are just seeing so much success. I love it!

This week I hit my 5 month mark! Crazy!! My mission needs to slow down a bit. It's going too fast! We went on exchanges this week and I stayed in my area and two of the sister training leaders came with me. One of them gets sick from the smell of smoke and my apartment ALWAYS smells like smoke... So we got to go sleep at the mission home! It was so cool! That house is just great! The spirit is so strong there and I just love seeing President and Sister Wilson. It was weird being there though because five months ago I was there and was scared to be starting my mission. So much has changed since then. I have seen how much I have grown and changed. I'm happy that I have another year and a month to change a little more! I still have a lot to learn out here!

My time with the Hermanas was great. They don't mess around when it comes to talking to everyone. They were calling to everyone they saw.  I want to be better at that.  I like tracting and knocking on peoples doors, but street contacting scares me.  Funny that I'd rather go to a strangers house then talk to someone on the road, but I just think that walking up to people on the street is so weird.  I'm going to work on it though because we found two new investigators by walking up to people on the street.  so street contacting is what im going to work on this week.  I am going to talk to Everyone I see! No one should miss out on hearing about the gospel!  There is nothing better that we could be spreading!  

So some fun things from this week.  I got a flu shot all on my own and didnt cry :) haha, we got ice cream after to celebrate. A member gave us a Christmas tree and decorations so we put it up and its So PINK! haha All the decorations and lights are pink and purple.  We were laughing so hard at it.  Oh well.  It made me so happy to see a Christmas tree up!  I'm so excited for this time of year! We also met with some really cool less active members in the ward.  We met with this Hawaiian family and they taught us a hula.  It was way fun.  We also visited the oldest lady I have ever met.  She is like 90 something and was so cute and funny and old.  I love old people. haha they are the best.

I also had my most spiritual lesson ever this week.  It was with our investigator Jeremy.  He is the one that came to church the other week and he came again yesterday.  He is getting baptized on December 12th. He is so ready for it too.  We talked all about how God loves all of us and the spirit was just so strong.  We were all crying as we were talking.  Even Jeremy.  It was just so powerful.  I cant wait to see him be baptized!

Well I love you all so much!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!  I know I will be eating a lot of food!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to the Plumb family for the card this week!!

Our pink and purple Christmas tree!

Flu shot and ice cream cones.


Celebrating Mickey Mouse's birthday with Mickey pancakes.

5 months out!




Donuts and planning meeting.

Hawaiian family that taught us to hula.

Cutest lady ever - Sister Worthen!

We found Mexico!






No comments:

Post a Comment