Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Ello Gov'ner!

Hey Everyone!

This week was great! So I got a new companion and I LOVE HER!  She is from England! ;)  Her name is Sister Bray and she is really awesome and so funny.  She's fun just to listen to.  She also came out with me just like Sister Styler did.  There were a lot of us on that plane (17) so we are bound to serve with each other.  I'm sure most of my companions will be from my plane ride. It's cool being with people who have the same amount of experience as you.  It's also so cool that even though I'm not serving a foreign mission, I still get to be with foreign companions.  It's fun!  I like it better this way actually. Haha I get to learn about other cultures all in the safety of the good old U.S.A. :)

Anyway, this week has been really great.  We have seen so many miracles already together.  We have found quite a few new families to teach and have had great lessons.  Sister Bray is great about being exactly obedient and President always says that "obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles."  I have seen that this week.  I just really love being here and being a missionary!

When I was waiting for Sister Bray to come I got to be Spanish for a few hours again.  It's so fun.  I love doing that. We had a few lessons in Spanish and then we saw Michelle.  Her daughter now wants to be baptized which is so cool.  I love bringing families together!  It's so fun to watch people grow and families be strengthened from the gospel. 

I had to give a talk in church this week on missionary work.  I think it went well.  I mean I'm a missionary talking about missionary work.  It's not that hard to do. haha  One of the miracles we had this week was at church. We had an investigator finally come to church!!  His name is Jeremy and we literally just met him on the street and invited him to church.  He said that he would come but I really didn't think much of it.  Lots of people tell us they will be there, but then on Sunday he walked in!  Not only did we have an investigator come, but a less active family that we have been working with for awhile finally came!  They came for my talk! It was such a great day! Miracles do happen. :)

Since I took over the area I am now the driver.  haha I have had the box tell me twice to "check my speed."  Oh man this black box.  I swear I'm a good driver. haha Anyway, it's started to get VERY cold here.  Winter is going to be rough, but I'll survive.  I have to wear lots of layers and when we are out at night it's very cold and dark, but I love being here and the work is coming along.  We are just seeing so much success.  I am so excited for a new week!

I love you all!
Sister Lawson

P.S - Thanks to Amanda Outlaw for the letter!

Patricia and her boys. Love them!

Literally, no food in the fridge - good thing it's Monday!

Freezing cold and raining.

Selfie with Sister Bray!

No comments:

Post a Comment