Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mission Control


Hey Everyone!!!!!!

AHHHH I have so much to tell you and so little time!  Well to start out I am Loving it here at the MTC!  I'm actually really sad that I leave Monday.  I just got here and got used to everything and now I'm heading out to leave.  

When I got here I got to meet my district (that's just my class).  There are 10 people in my district.  6 boys and 4 girls.  3 of us are going to Virginia, 3 to Boston and 4 to Hawaii.  I spend ALL my time with these 9 other people.  Here at the MTC we are in class for 10+ hours and so I have really gotten to know all of them.  On the day I came in, 600 other missionaries came as well.  75% of those missionaries are English speaking like me.  It was also the first time in months that the elders (boys) outnumbered the girls.  The first two days here felt like months.  Last Friday I was talking to someone and said "a few weeks ago when I was home... I mean two days ago when I was home..."  The days are just so LONG!  When you are literally in class all day the time just drags.  By Saturday though I was so used to things and knew all the kids in my class that everything was much more fun.  In class we are supposed to just study and we do role plays on how to teach, but my class really just goofs off.  We do get work done, but we also tell stories and draw on the board.  Its not the best preparation, but if we didn't have fun then I would not survive it here.  

Everyday we wake up at 6:30, eat breakfast and then study/plan for what we are going to teach later that day.  Then we eat lunch, go to class and have a lesson, go to gym, eat dinner, teach a fake investigator, and then have class again until 9:30.  That's my life for the past week.  I share a dorm with the girls in my class.  They are great girls.  My companion (girl I have to be with all the time) is nice and very spiritual.  She doesn't like to goof off and tells the class to be quiet a lot, but it's all good.  I'm still finding ways to have fun and once I get to Virginia I will get a new companion.  

Well, I don't really know what else to say.  I'm happy here and have learned A LOT in just a week, but I guess that happens when you are in class literally all day long.  I leave for Virginia on Monday VERY early in the morning.  We head to the airport at 3:30, but I'm excited to get out and teach real people and not just role play how to teach.

I love you all!!!!!
Sister Lawson

P.S.  Thanks to everyone who wrote me letters!  I have the record in my district for most letters received while being here! :)

Pictures taken before she left, at the airport, and dropping off at the MTC:

I'm all ready to go!

Last look up to Mom!

Arrived at SLC.

Saying goodbye to Tyler.

First night in the MTC.

Tiny classroom!!! I spent all my time in there. (That's my companion, Sister Halls.)

My district in the tiny classroom.

Cafeteria.

My zone.

Temple trip with my district.

Sisters in my district.

Me with my companion Sister Halls.

So happy to see McKenna!  She's going to the Philippines.

Forever BFF's.


With all the sister's from my zone going to Virginia.

Me and my twin Sister Lawson. Haha, just randomly met her but same nametag!

No comments:

Post a Comment