Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hospital Fun.

Hi everyone!

So this was an interesting week.  Last Monday I had to take my companion to the ER.  She was so sick and her appendix burst.  I have never seen anyone in so much pain before.  We got to the ER at like 1:30 and then they didn't do surgery until like 10 that night! It was horrible!  I was calling the nurses and asking what the hold up was and when she was going in and the whole thing was so frustrating! They were SO slow and no one seemed to care.  I'm pretty sure her appendix burst while she was waiting for surgery too because at about 6ish she got REALLY sick.  Her fever was 104 and she was like screaming in pain.  I called a nurse and they didn't seem to care and were like "well we are waiting for the doctor."  I honestly thought she was going to die.   I realized that I have only known her for a 3 weeks, but when you literally spend EVERY moment with someone you really care for them and I was so scared for her.  She eventually went to surgery and everything went well.  We then we hung out at the hospital for three days where I was basically her nurse, because this hospital staff did nothing.  I learned how to work the machines and took care of her because we would call the nurse and then wait an hour for them to come.  I now am positive that I will not be a nurse or do anything in the medical field.  Anyway, on Thursday we were released and have just been taking it slow since then.  We go out a little and then come home and rest.  We haven't done much missionary work, but she is getting better each day.  So soon we will be back to normal. the one good thing about all this is we haven't been able to tract. Haha - which is awesome because this week has been in the hundreds and we don't have to be out in it. :) 

On Thursday I taught a lesson on my own though!  I went with a member to teach and a member stayed back at the apartment to be with Sister Kellogg.  We had to start getting babysitters!  I went and had to teach basically all by myself.  I'm still in training, but now I've got it down!  I am a fast learner.  It was hard to not have my trainer to rely on, but I think the lesson went well.  

So remember that investigator that I told you about who was getting baptized? Well she didn't come to church yesterday which means she cant get baptized for another week.  We are meeting with her tonight and I'm really worried that she is backing out.  Hopefully all goes well tonight and we can reset her on date, but we just have to wait and see. 
So that was honestly my week.  Not much to report on.  I was really just at the hospital most of the week.  It really wasn't that bad.  I feel like the week flew by actually.  Today is Sisters P-day so all the sisters in the zone are going to get together and we are going over to this mansion and making pizzas. I'm excited for that!  

Well I love you all!!! Hopefully I will have a more interesting week to write about next Monday!

Love,
Sister Lawson

Thanks to Dad, kaiya and Kenna, and Grandma for the letters this week!!

My hospital bed!  Super uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment