Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The cold never bothered me anyway!

This week was a fun one! Today I went ice skating!!!!! A member brought us and it was so fun! I had really bad skates (rental skates - what you gonna do?) so I couldn't do much, but it was still just great to be on the ice again. Man I missed it so much I wanted to start
crying. Going 7 months without it has been hard, but it's just like riding a bike and I picked it up again :)

So last Monday was sisters P-day and we went to the art museum in downtown Richmond. It was fun. We got to walk around and look at all the art and then we went and got really good donuts at this place called the Sugar shack. Downtown Richmond is just so cool. It would be fun to serve there someday.

We also had zone conference this week! We were combined with my last zone, so I got to see Sister Bray again and all the other sisters from my last zone. The trainings that we had were really great. We learned all about the best way to work with the ward council and how to use the Book of Mormon when teaching. We have started implementing what we
learned and already our investigators are reading from the Book of Mormon more! :)

Then yesterday was my 7 month mark! It's just so crazy. I can't believe I've been out so long. Church was good yesterday. We had two investigators there and one, Belinda, I think is going to be baptized soon! She is amazing! She readily accepts everything we teach her and she loves the church. She is just waiting on an answer as to when to
get baptized.  We are hoping for this weekend because transfers are next week and we don't know what will happen, but the decision is hers and we will just have to see. She is so ready though. She could be baptized right now. This area is just so fruitful! I don't want to go.

In other even more exciting news, it snowed yesterday!!!!! Everyone was freaking out and thinking that church was going to be canceled and it literally was just a dusting. Like the grass wasn't even fully covered. Haha Our ward mission leader called and was like "how are you driving in the snow?" And I just started laughing. Oh Virginians you
know nothing about snow:) it made me so happy to see it though. Made me feel at home. It's all melted now, but it was fun. Finally felt like winter with the snow.

Well that was my week! It's been fun! We have been finding a lot and all our recent converts are doing well! We are just building the teaching pool up again. I love you all and miss you!!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to dad and grandma and grandpa for the letters, and thanks to papooh for the popcorn! And uncle John for the hot chocolate and the hot chocolate drinking Johnny. Haha so funny. Loved it!

Art museum visit for Sister's P-day

Namaste



Sister Bray!  I just love her!

Popcorn from Papooh!

ICE SKATING!!!

Finally!

I feel most at home here.

Zone conference

Zone buddies.

Still got it.....kind of.....haha


No comments:

Post a Comment