Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Back to School

Hey Everyone!

What a GREAT week!!  I loved it! So much happened!

So to start off with the most exciting news: Michelle Alfano, Lauren Harrell, and Sheridan Harrell all got baptized on Saturday!!!! It was truly an amazing baptism.  The spirit was so strong and I was just so happy to watch each of these wonderful daughters of God be baptized.  I love the work that I am a part of!  There were so many non-members at the baptism and all the missionaries who taught Michelle came, so I got to see Sister Kellogg.  It was just a really great day!  Unfortunately now that Michelle and the Harrell girls are all baptized, we don't really have any investigators. Hahaha so its back to finding!  Knocking on doors here we come!

Another fun thing this week was that we went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and I went to their area.  They are in a Young Singles Adult ward and so it was way fun to be there.  All the people that they work with are my age and they are right by Virginia Commonwealth University campus so it was like being back at college.  It was weird to think that this time next year I will be at college.  It's strange to teach people my age, but its fun.  We walked around VCU campus, but school hasn't started yet so no one was really there.  It was fun to be downtown though and get to just street contact.  

This week I also had to give a training in district meeting (I've given 4 now I think) and I really enjoy doing those, and then I also had to give a talk in church.  I have spoken in every ward I've been in.  The wards are just so small on the east coast that they need people to speak each Sunday so anytime there is a new missionary in the ward they have them speak. I pretty much gave the same talk that I gave last time though. haha  

Last Monday we had zone Pday and we played Oompa again.  That's all we ever really do for zone Pday, but I made a basket..point...touchdown... not sure what to call it.  I made one though!  I try to make at least one point each time we play.  I try to be sporty, haha, but it doesn't always work out for me. :)  Today is Sisters Pday and we are going to Richmond and going to a museum I think.  Should be fun.  I voted for ice skating, but maybe next time.  I will get to the rink eventually! :)  I found one in the ward boundaries so I'm going to ask for permission to go next week.

Well I love all of you!  I miss you all a ton!  Have a great week!  Hopefully I will find some new people this week!  A week full of opportunities! 

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to Elder Kalani Enos and Sheiyenne Baloo for the letters!

Michelle and her daughter and us

Lauren and Sheridan Harrell

All the missionaries who baptized Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment