Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Work is Hastening

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to start by wishing you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!  I can't believe that it is already Christmas! Where is the time going?  I have now been out for 6 months too! Like, what?!?!  

So this week was a great one! I managed to fit all my stuff in my suitcases (that was a miracle) and then headed out to transfer meeting.  I love transfer meetings. It's so fun to see everyone.  All my past companions were transferred too so I got to see all of them. :)  My new companion is Sister Garrigues (Pronounced Gar-eeg).  She is the best.  She from Washington state and is an AMAZING singer.  She also is not a newbie at ALL.  I usually forget that I am follow up training.  She has been taking over the area like a pro.  I just love her.  I am just trying to learn all the new people and really get used to this area so that I can help out. I am now in Midlothian in the Bon Air ward and am actually in President Wilsons ward!  That's way fun.

This week we had a baptism!  Her name is Beverly and she is the sweetest lady.  I am so happy that I got to see her be baptized.  I just love going to baptisms.  This is such a great area.  We have so many people that are so close to baptism.  I can't wait to help these people progress more and help them make that decision to be baptized.  It looks like there might be quite a lot in the new year!  I'm excited for them! 

This week we spent a lot of time just having me meet all the people we work with.  We don't share the ward with any elders so we have a lot of area to cover.  It's kind of nice to have the whole ward because then you don't have to worry about being in the elder's area, but I do like having two sets of missionaries in the ward.  Makes the work go even faster!  

We also had the ward Christmas party this week.  That was fun.  I love ward parties.  None of our investigators could make it, but lots of members brought friends and it was a great opportunity for me to really get to know the ward. We also had a really cool miracle.  This lady (Michelle) who was taught by missionaries at the beginning of the year called us and said that things in her life have changed and that she thinks she could be ready to be baptized now.  What?!  She came to US!  It's such a cool miracle when people come to us and we don't have to search for them.  Haha the Lord is blessing us here!

Well I love you all so much!  I am so excited for Christmas and I know that this is going to be the best Christmas yet!  I can't think of a better way to celebrate Christmas than serving the Lord.  This season peoples hearts are softened and I invite you all to share the message of Christs birth with someone.  Let's put Christ back in Christmas!  I love you and wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S. thanks to the Evans, the Barnets, the Murris and Sister Kellie Soderberg for the Christmas cards!

My new address is:
715 Boulder Springs Dr
Apt. B6
North Chesterfield, VA 23225




Seeing Sister Kellogg!

Baptism!

Me and President Wilson.

Saying goodbye to Sister Bray. :(


My new comp:  Sister Garrigeus


No comments:

Post a Comment