Saturday, December 12, 2015

Singing for days!

Hey everyone!

Another week gone by. We spent most of the week trying to find all the less actives in the ward. We have a ward roster so we have just been trying to see who still lives here. We have gone to some interesting houses.... Haha three times we have ended up in the back woods at these creepy old houses in the dark, haha its a fun time but we've found a lot of good information for the ward. Lots of these people have moved. One of the addresses took us to a furniture store though. Haha some people just really don't want to be found.

This week was also our ward Christmas party! It was so fun. None of our investigators came which was sad, but it was a great party!  Santa came and I gave him a Book of Mormon ;) He has now been converted. so we are good there :) Sister Bray and I sang with two of the Young Women in the ward.  I know crazy.  Me singing.  Doesnt happen very often... but since I came on my mission my singing voice has been getting better.  I'm not sure if it's just my mission that does this, but we sing at the start of every lesson and sometimes just to random strangers on their doorstep, so I am no longer scared of singing.  I like doing it because music can just bring the spirit in so strongly.  It really helps with teaching and luckily all my companions have been really good singers so I can just kind of follow their lead. haha  Speaking of singing I also went to a choir practice for an event coming up at the zoo!  The zoo in Richmond is owned by members and they put on a live nativity every Christmas and all the missionaries within an hour drive of the zoo get to sing in it!  Currently I'm in an area that gets to sing and go to the zoo, but transfers are next week and I'm scared that I wont get to go.  I just really want to go to the zoo 

Other big news is that Jeremy is getting baptized next Sunday!!!  He has his interview on Wednesday and then will be baptized after church on Sunday! I am so excited!!  It's going to be great! He loves coming to church and can't wait for his baptism.  He went around on Sunday telling everyone that he was being baptized at 1:30 next Sunday and to come.  It was so cute.  Can't wait!

Well I love you all!!!!!  I miss you all so much!! Winter has definitely begun and it is COLD!  But I love that we get to go around showing that great video about Christs birth! #ASaviorIsBorn it's so fun! and it's so great to see all the Christmas lights (makes it so we can actually see at night because Virginia doesn't believe in street lights. haha)  Well I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Sister Lawson

P.S.  Thanks to Kalani, Elle, and Bryce for the letters this week!

"SANTA!  SANTA'S HERE!  I know him."

Selfie's with Santa!

Zone Meeting.  (Sign reads:  "He was born so I....")

SO COLD!!!

I was so tired I fell asleep on the floor after nightly planning time.

No comments:

Post a Comment