Monday, August 10, 2015

Good Things to Come.

Hey Everyone!

So I wanted to start out with a birthday shout out to my brother! Happy 22! Wish I was there to celebrate!

Now time for some sad news. Sister Kellogg is being transferred. Every 6 weeks you have the chance of moving areas and getting a new companion. Since sister Kellogg is training me (you have training for 12 weeks/2 transfers) I thought for sure that she would still be my companion, but on Saturday night we got a call saying that she was going to become a sister training leader (someone over all the sisters in an area) and I was going to get a new trainer. I'm so sad. I meet my new companion tomorrow. Hopeful she is as awesome as sister Kellogg! I'm so scared though. 

More sad news. That baptist lady is moving so we can't teach her. I'm going to miss her. And even sadder news the girl that was supposed to be baptized a few weeks ago no longer wants to meet with us. What a sad, rough week. But when things go bad you know that something good is about to happen. So here's to good things to come! I have faith and know that I'm going to meet someone cool here soon! It's going to be awesome!

So on a brighter note, last Monday was zone Pday. All the missionaries in the Woodbridge area went to the church and we played oompa. It's this crazy game that some missionaries made up. There are tons of rules on what you can and can't play on a mission to keep us safe so someone made up their own game as a loop hole. Haha so oompa is played on a basketball court with a football with ultimate Frisbee rules. Confusing right? Well it's so fun. Basically it's ultimate Frisbee but you are passing a football and you have to shoot the football in the basketball hoop to score a point. It's awesome. haha
So my week was really just full of tracting.  We went out everyday.  It's actually been really cool weather wise here. Its been so nice! I hope it says and that the summer heat is over! But everyone says August in the hottest month :( 

I also went on splits this week.  Every transfer we go on splits with the sister training leaders in the area and that just means that one of them comes and is your companion for the day.  So I stayed at my place and Sister Kellogg went to the sister training leaders area.  I was with Sister Canty.  She is also from Colorado and we had a really good day.  We found two new investigators and even set them on date for baptism! Hopefully they will keep meeting with us!

Well I love you all! I cant believe that I have made it through my first transfer!  I will go through 13 total so one down only 12 more to go!!  Maybe next time I will be going to a new area. you never know.

Love you!
Sister Lawson

P.S. Thanks to Dad, Grandma and Auntie Sarah and Uncle John for the letters this week!

SHE FINALLY SENT PICTURES FROM HER CAMERA!!  YAY!

The lady next to me in the pic is our ward mission leader's wife.  She is awesome and comes out with us all the time.  She does a lot for us and always makes sure we have dinners and just really looks after us.

SO HOT!!

Me and Sister Canty

For Tyler:  peaches, apples, and oranges to say Happy Birthday!

Zone P-day.  The zone leaders made those shirts for all of us. 
They say "RVA become legend" on the front and then our names on the back.  It was fun to get.

Sisters in the zone.  

Eating lunch at the church. We have to every Sunday because we go sing
at a Senior home after church so we eat real fast!

Downtown Richmond!

Me with two recent converts.


No comments:

Post a Comment